Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Feeling the end of the school year blues....anyone else?

So, the days are winding down for school to be out! My kids get out on 6/10 - 10 more days....but who's counting? These last few days have been tough for our family! It is like we are in summer mode but this school thing keeps getting in the way.

It must have been the river weekend that kicked it into full gear for us! Coming home from Memorial day was tough to get back into the swing of things! My kids normally go to bed between 8 and 8:30 - well Monday and Tuesday nights we were lucky if it was 9 or 9:30! Last night Brady and Tim went to the Angel baseball game and didn't get home till 10:30! Poor Brady was pooped today!

It is not just the evening routines either....mornings are horrible too! When that alarm goes off and I know I have to go get 2 sleeping kids up....it kills me! Throughout the school year I have been pretty good about getting them up and having breakfast by 7 am - dressed and out the door by 7:40! Well - the new routine is now....get out of bed as close to 6:45 as possible.....get dressed around 7:20 or so and then have breakfast in the car on the way to school!

I hope it isn't just me that is falling into bad habits this time of year! I hope my kids teachers don't call me in one day asking me why my kids are more tired than usual. I might just have to tell them the truth.....we are DONE with school! Ready for summer!!!!

1 comment:

  1. u r not alone ... this morning my kids ate one granola bar each on their way out the door to school- so I'd say u r in good company!
    school ... end already!

    ReplyDelete