We planned on going mid week so we could avoid some of the typical weekend crowds....so I booked us into The Hotel for Tuesday and Wednesday night - bought tickets to Wednesday nighs show and planned to have Tim fly us all there for some family fun!
Well - Monday afternoon Tim called me with bad news! He wasn't going to be able to go! Work had gotten in the way! We had a very important job that was having some issues that he had to be present for! So - the choice came....cancel or try to find a Daddy replacement! My first thought was to call Tanya.....I always have fun with her, she is amazing with the kids, and I was hoping she would be available for a few days! She agreed and off we went on Tuesday afternoon!
The drive wasn't as bad as I was anticipating....but still not fun! The kids did well! Here are the 2 of them about half way though the ride:


After swimming we went to the aquarium at the hotel! It was fun....but a little over priced in my opinion! The kids enjoyed it and it killed an hour of time! It was then show time!!!! We got all dressed up for dinner and then the show!All in all it was a great time! We did miss Tim and wish he could have been there! But we are very thankful to Tanya for jumping in and joining us! Abbie LOVED the show and I think is catching the Broadway bug.....Brady on the other hand was a bit too young..he would have been happy to leave at intermission! He liked it and thoughts the animals were so cool - but it was a little long and loud for his 5 year old ears!
what a mom- ur kids are lucky!
ReplyDeleteI think I was in jr. high school when I saw my first musical on a big stage ...Phantom in LA
everyone looks so nice and dolled up. the kiddos look genuinely happy to be seeing the show.