Yesterday I was trying to teach Abbie some sort of life lesson - can't even remember what it was. I was being a bit firm in my discussion with her...suddenly I found it very hard to be firm. As I was looking at her I realized she is almost at my eye level. And to top that off - it felt like looking into a mirror in some ways! She was really just looking at me and taking in what I was saying. If she had given me a little attitude or even a smirk I would have felt more authoritative....something! I wanted to tell her to go put her hair in pigtails and sit down so we could finish our conversation. It melted my heart! I really do enjoy the young lady she is becoming. So thoughtful, a true friend, and pretty good big sister (most of the time at least) and a very hard worker! But on the other hand I am missing the cute little baby girl I once held in my arms. 10 years old has been great....but I am scared for 11! She just turned 10 1/2....I want to treasure these next 6 months even more now after my ahh haa moment yesterday!

6 months old
10 years old
No comments:
Post a Comment