Saturday, February 14, 2009

Quiet Valentines day....but great!

Well.....it is Valentines day evening and here I am Blogging! Wow - what has life come to! Today was a very different Valentines for me. Never before have I done so little on Valentines day. There are many couples who don't "do" Valentines - Tim and I are so not that couple! We usually go really big - any excuse to spoil each other right?

This year is different. I surprised Tim on Tuesday night with dinner out to Flemings in Newport Beach. We had never been there before so it was a real treat! Great food and amazing atmosphere. It was a very fun night - good to catch up and reminisce a little too! I struggled with what to get him this year....trying to be somewhat good and not just got spend a ton of money! So.....here is what I came up with! No promise you won't laugh. I got him electric salt and pepper grinders. I know - not very romantic.....but hey! It is what he likes! He had seen them before at a restaurant and LOVED them! Then friends of ours had some too! They are pretty hard to find....well the reasonable priced ones that is! So - off to Crate and Barrel I went! Found the last 2 that they had in stock! It was perfect! Still....kind of strange I know!

Friday the 13th was also a big Valentines day for me. After dropping the kids off at school, I had a fun filled day planned with girl friends to celebrate! First there was breakfast at Bagel Me with a few of the 1st grade moms. Then lunch at Buca de Beppo with 5 of the most wonderful ladies I have met at St. Jeanne's. We had a great 2 hour lunch. We all exchanged little goodies too. Michelle brought Sprinkles Cupcakes for dessert!!! Perfect way to top off a great lunch! Then it was off to Abbie's classroom for her Valentines day party! A little trivia game to "win" more candy (like they needed it) and cupcakes with Hot Chocolate. So much fun!

Then - Friday night was family skate night at the kids school. So - off we went to this old skate rink in Orange.....I had never been there before but Tim had. He used to go there as a kid....he said it hasn't changed a bit! The kids had fun but man....it was a lot of work....neither kid knows how to skate to it was like dragging a baby giraffe around all night! Tim just plopped the kids on his foot and they held on for a ride....me..not so much! Took a big fall on the last lap of the night (figures) and hurt my tailbone pretty bad! Still taking Mortin for it....and it's not like I was even showing off! :)

Today - the "Real" Valentines day as Abbie called it - was very quiet! I got to sleep in and was woken up around 8:30 with a breakfast call. Tim and the kids went out to McDonald's for breakfast! Yummy - nothing like a Bacon Egg and Cheese Biscuit to start the day off right! Then after breakfast I went back to bed to watch some TV - talk about the life right! We all finally got motivated around 1pm and left the house for lunch! Tim got me the new Blackberry Storm for my Valentines day present so we had to go to Verizon to activate it! We headed to the District for lunch at Johnny Rockets and then got my new phone all set up....pink case and all! Thanks Babe for the phone.....I am still getting used to all its bells and whistles....but I think it will be my new best friend before I know it!

We got back home around 3ish and just hung out the rest of the day! I played on my new phone, the kids ran around and had many adventures in the house, Tim caught up on e-mails and airplane magazines. Then, feed the kids left over Pizza in the fridge - got them to bed! Tim and I then had canned soup for dinner (so romantic huh) and now I'm writing this!

All and all - I was with the ones I loved all day today! What more could I ask for! The kids had a great day and were on their best behavior. Tim got to have a brainless day (which he so needs after his crazy work weeks). And I got to just relax and not think too much...and walk hand in hand with all my Valentines!!!!

Love you so much Tim, Abbie & Brady!!!! Thanks for being my Valentines! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my kind of Valentines Day actually! We aren't Valentines Day people really, but I suppose now that we have kids we are going to find ourselves "doing" quite a bit more than we used to. :)

    ReplyDelete