Monday, January 26, 2009

Abbie is now officially 7 years old!

It seems like we have been celebrating for ever! But - today officially ends the celebrations of January! It was very fun - but very exhausting!

Yesterday was Abbie's REAL birthday! At 10:13 am we announced that she was officially 7 years old! Gosh - where did my baby go? We had a very relaxing morning and then we were off to her Cheer competition at 11 am! Luckily for me it was just in Long Beach - a quick stop at McDonald's for the birthday girls lunch on the way - and we were all set!

The competition went great! Her team got 1st!!! We were so happy! They are now State Champs! They got the cutest jackets too - she was so excited! Here are a few pictures from yesterday's competition.

Then after the competition - we headed out for birthday dinner at Abbie's favorite - California Pizza Kitchen! It was a great day and night - and my new 7 year old was up and off to 1st grade again this morning!

The fact that my kids keep getting older and growing up is really hitting me hard this year! I know it is an inevitable thing...but it still doesn't mean I don't with they were 1 & 3 again! I know at that time I was wishing for them to be in school - but I can officially say.....I was wrong! I do miss those days and the little moments that happened. The endless hours of Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, and I certainly can not forget the Wiggles! The many days of My Gym classes, park play dates, and surprising Nana & Papa for lunch!

Now it is more like a machine that moves from one thing to the next! I know this is simply them just growing up....but we move from one event or activity to the next trying to capture everything in between. I think that is why more than ever before I have felt the need to document so much of their lives in writing - capturing our feelings and triumphs. Times are moving too quick - I just think 2009 it hit me more than ever!

Any way - Happy Birthday Abbie! Your Daddy and I (and a whole bunch of other people) love you so much and are so proud of the wonderful "bigger" girl you are and are still becoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment